So you have a website and a bunch of followers on Facebook, but what’s next? Creating a mobile app can be the next big step for many small businesses. Here are five steps to ensure your app will reach your audience and how to keep users engaged once they’ve downloaded it:
- Start by reaching out to existing customer touch points. Share the grand opening of your mobile app on the homepage of your website. This way, you’re reaching people who already know and love your company and you’re not spending your marketing dollars.
- Remember all of the things phones can do, and incorporate them. You can add QR codes, short URLs, and even SMS codes promoting your mobile app to all of your existing forms of communication.
- Turn to social media. Facebook and Twitter both offer app-install ads you can purchase, or you could simply post about the launch of your new app.
- Ask yourself if you would download your app. Your app must offer something unique in order to merit a user’s download. Make sure your app has value.
- Plan ahead for a seamless app experience. Once your app in launched, use your app analytics to understand which features of your app are most valuable to your users. Use this information to decide which areas of the app to grow and which ones to get rid of.
- Create a tie between other sources of media. Ask users to allow push messages to their notifications center on their phone. Use consumer information such as email and phone number to send updates.
Now you’re ready to drive traffic towards your new mobile app! Using these tips, you can be sure that once users are there, they’ll be there to stay. Don’t forget to spice up your app to keep long-time users interested. Bring on a digital marketing expert if you want more tips on mobile apps.
Natalie Kane contributed to this blog post.